Senior Data Engineer
PeakData is a Swiss-based AI startup on a mission to alleviate the burden of medical affairs and commercial teams as they pave the way for new therapies and treatments from KOL engagement to commercialization. Since its founding in 2017, the company has shown steady success through its product Healthscape – a one-stop platform that consolidates public and proprietary data about KOLs and prescribers in real-time. One of our main challenges is in obtaining real-time insights from publicly available data sources such as social media, open web, research and medical publications, and many others. We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our data team to help us scaling our data products and work on challenging tasks from data extraction to data processing.
- Work on the designing and building of data intensive applications.
- Work on very interesting and innovative data product which includes
real-world web data at scale.
- Shape and scale data pipelines and architecture of our data platform
- Optimize the performance of large-scale data processing pipelines.
- Develop and automate new ways of collecting and processing data fromverity of sources.
- Develop tools and solutions which will enable our stakeholders to
monitor and improve data quality and product quality.
- Support our more junior engineers, by providing them with coaching and mentoring.
- Help to apply engineering best practices and generally improve our engineering excellence.
- Have 4+ years industry experience.
- Proficient in Python software development.
- Have solid foundations and experience with Data Engineering and
preferably Big Data.
- Have solid practical experience in building data pipelines and data
- Have experience with AWS ecosystem, and especially AWS data stack data (e.g. S3, Glue, Athena, Redshift).
- Pragmatic – you know when to make a cut for ongoing discussions and start working on deliverables.
- Communicative – you make your voice heard among the team and the wider tech organization and engage with our stakeholders to enable them and listen to their needs.
- A developer – most of your goals can be achieved by code committed to version control.
- Not afraid to ask, and support others to do the same – transparency
about our abilities and decisions based on different opinions keeps us motivated and does not allow us to get stuck.
- Know how to plan and prioritize your work and tasks.
- Have an entrepreneur mindset. You are able to deal with ambiguity and help to identify new opportunities and required improvements.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication (English).
Bonus points if you are:
- Have familiarity with infrastructure-as-a-code solutions (eg. Terraform).
- Have familiarity with Docker, Argo, and Kubernetes.
- Have familiarity with SQL and No-SQL databases.
- Have knowledge of NLP or other machine learning concepts.
- Have Previous experience working remotely.
- Have Previous experience in pharma.
- Competitive salary.
- Get opportunity to be exposed to the Pharma industry.
- Be part of an industry leading Pharma startup.
- Work on life changing product development – make a real impact.
- Be part of a scale up and have the opportunity to shape the company
- Work in a highly professional and innovative environment.
- Work in a flexible working environment.