AWS SysOps Administrator (Senior)
PeakData is a Swiss-based AI startup on a mission to alleviate the burden of medical affairs and commercial teams as they pave the way for new therapies and treatments from KOL engagement to commercialization. Since its founding in 2017, the company has shown steady success through its product Healthscape – a one-stop platform that consolidates public and proprietary data about KOLs and prescribers in real-time. One of our main challenges is in obtaining real-time insights from publicly available data sources such as social media, open web, research and medical publications, and many others.
Roles & responsibilities
- Develop the base of data intensive workloads on AWS.
- Design the cloud infrastructure and governance mechanism to grow our organization and workloads.
- Secure our infrastructure by defining baseline policies and establish best practices across teams.
- Build centralized logging and monitoring capabilities.
- Design, implement, and test a backup and recovery strategy.
- Migrate services hosted on bare metal servers to AWS.
- Help our product team to handle real-world web data at scale.
- Support our more junior engineers, by providing them with coaching and mentoring.
- Help to apply engineering best practices and generally improve our engineering excellence.
- Have 4+ years industry experience.
- Proficient in AWS Administration and familiar with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation or CDK)
- Have solid foundations and experience in AWS Networking, Security and Monitoring.
- Have solid practical experience in building multi Account AWS Organizations with Control Tower.
- Pragmatic – you know when to make a cut for ongoing discussions and start working on deliverables.
- Communicative – you make your voice heard among the team and the wider tech organization and engage with our stakeholders to enable them and listen to their needs.
- A developer – most of your goals can be achieved by code (IaC) committed to version control.
- Not afraid to ask, and support others to do the same – transparency about our abilities and decisions based on different opinions keeps us motivated and does not allow us to get stuck.
- Know how to plan and prioritize your work and tasks.
- Have an entrepreneur mindset. You are able to deal with ambiguity and help to identify new opportunities and required improvements.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication (English).
- Have familiarity with Data Lakes and AWS Lake Formation.
- Have familiarity with Docker, Argo, and Kubernetes.
- Have Previous experience working remotely.
- Have Previous experience in pharma.
- Competitive rate (B2B Contract).
- Get opportunity to be exposed to the Pharma industry.
- Be part of an industry leading Pharma startup.
- Work on life changing product development – make a real impact.
- Be part of a scale up and have the opportunity to shape the company future.
- Work in a highly professional and innovative environment.
Work in a flexible working environment.